Wndsn Quadrant Telemeter: The Telemeter Side
The Telemeter side hosts a set of scales to measure angular size as well as a nomogram to determine distance or altitude from the measured values.
- Linear α scale; to measure angular size and input values into the nomogram
- Linear S scale; to set the known dimensions of the object to be measured
- Logarithmic D scale; to read the calculated distance at the position where the string is crossing
- Icon for setting eye-to-scale distance via string length
- Icon to demonstrate nomogram use
- Main nomogram equation, showing the connection between scale and string distance
- Icon illustrating the equation
- Other engravings
- Wndsn tool mark
- Wndsn 'made this'
- Wndsn Perpetual Explorer crest