Wndsn Telemeter Instructions
Telemeters setup, operation, and maintenance.
Many uses of the Telemeter are apparent after simple instructions, but some techniques require some in-depth practice and special attention to detail.
- Keep the string taut, for a distance of 57.3 cm from eye to object.
- Align the instrument's baseline to the base of the object to be measured.
- On the α scale, read the angular size at the upper bound of the object.
- Take down the instrument and now align the string with the determined value on the α scale.
- On the S scale, align the free end of the string to the known height.
- On the D scale, read the distance where the string crosses the scale.